Bedfordshire Police have advised us there was a burglary in Elger Close, Biddenham, Bedford which occurred between 10:00 and 19:00 on Saturday 21st January and they are appealing for information.
Unknown offender entered the enclosed rear garden and shattered the glass in the upvc patio door and entered the location. A messy search of whole house had taken place. At this stage it is unknown what may have been taken.
Did you see anyone suspicious? Did you hear anything? Did you see a person or a vehicle in the area that caught your attention?
If you have any information about this incident, no matter how small, please call 101 quoting reference number JH/2940/2017 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Whether this incident is near you or not, you may want to think about whether you have noticed anything suspicious in your area, no matter how small, and report it to 101.
Has anything similar happened recently to you or someone you know? Make sure it’s reported to the police.
For crime reduction advice to make your home secure, please click onhttp://www.bedfordshire.
You may want to check your own security and consider the following advice.
Most break-ins occur at the back or side of a house.
- Keep your doors and windows locked at all times.
- Remove all keys from locks.
- Keep keys in a safe place out of view.
- Keep valuables out of sight.
- Keep side gates locked.
- Keep sheds and garages locked.
- Keep bins, ladders and tools locked away.
- Make your boundaries difficult or impossible to climb over.
- Make your house look and feels like someone is home at all times.
- If your house is empty after dark, leave a light on or set a timer – and even leave a radio on.