With Halloween coming up, Bedfordshire Police will be increasing patrols in the local area during the evenings. Their main concerns will be anti-social behaviour linked to this time of year. If you know of any areas which have been an issue in the past, please contact :-
PCSO 6753 James Dancer
North Rural and North Central Community Team
Riseley Police Station
For many, especially those taking part, it’s a great, fun activity, but for others, who may not welcome numerous callers to their door, it can be a very unnerving and stressful time.
If you are planning to go trick or treating, please follow these simple guidelines.
- Adults should ALWAYS accompany young children – NEVER let youngsters go trick or treating on their own !
- Only go to houses where there are Halloween items on display such as pumpkins.
- NEVER accept an invitation to go inside a strangers home
- Always keep to well lit areas; wear bright clothing, carry a torch and remember road safety
- Unless pre-arranged, DO NOT visit elderly members of your community
- Be careful not to frighten vulnerable people
- Keep any tricks within the law.
If you would rather your home was not visited, please download print and display the poster by clicking this link