Bedfordshire Police have advised us there was an attempted burglary in Bromham Road, Biddenham on Wednesday 30 November between 10:00-13:30 and they are appealing for information.
An offender, or offenders, have used an implement to force the padlock on the side gate to the property. An implement has been used to attempt to force the side door. This has been unsuccessful and force has been applied by unknown means to the lower portion of the door causing it to break and fall inside the property. This has triggered a motion sensor and activated the alarm. The offender/s have not entered the property and left in an unknown direction by unknown means.
If you have any information about this incident please call 101 quoting reference number JH/49464/2016 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see anyone suspicious? Did you hear anything suspicious? Did you see a person or a vehicle in the area that caught your attention?
Whether this incident is near you or not, you may want to think about whether you have noticed anything suspicious in your area. Has anything similar happened to you?
For crime reduction advice to make your home secure, please click on http://www.bedfordshire.police.uk/tackling_crime/crime_reduction.aspx
You may want to check your own security and consider the following advice.
Most break-ins occur at the back or side of a house.
- Keep your doors and windows locked at all times.
- Remove all keys from locks.
- Keep keys in a safe place out of view.
- Keep valuables out of sight.
- Keep side gates locked.
- Keep sheds and garages locked.
- Keep bins, ladders and tools locked away.
- Make your boundaries difficult or impossible to climb over.
- Make your house look and feels like someone is home at all times.
- If your house is empty after dark, leave a light on or set a timer – and even leave a radio on.